Voluntary Centre Services (VCS) in partnership with Lincolnshire Community & Voluntary Service (LCVS) and Lincolnshire County Council (LCC) have developed a series of Funding Ready workshops to help voluntary sector groups and charities improve their skills and information sources to increase the number of successful applications.
The programme is free for voluntary sector groups and charities working in Lincolnshire who are looking to begin applying for grants or improve their success rate.
It consists of an introductory session and 3 workshops which will be delivered over 5 half day sessions virtually on Zoom or over 2 and a half days when in person.
Participants will be limited to 12 to enable full participation and sharing of ideas and experiences. Groups can attend any of the five sessions depending on what stage they are in their funding process.
Workshop 1 (Session 1): Getting Your Organisation Ready for Grant Funding
Aims: To ensure your group has the correct policies and procedures in place: a good project idea, an understanding of the funding process, general evidence on beneficiaries, an understanding of funder requirements and how grant funding fits into the funding strategy.
Workshop 2 (Sessions 2 & 3): Evidencing Need and Identifying Funding Sources
Aims: To be able to prepare a fully costed-out plan, using evidence from a variety of sources, evidenced, using input from your beneficiaries and the whole team. To have funding sources identified and shortlisted and a ongoing process defined for selecting funds to apply for.
Workshop 3 (Sessions 4 & 5): Proving Outcomes and Writing a Successful Bid
Aims: To be funding ready, with evidence suitable for funders needs and a team who are confident in their ability to write a successful funding bid and meet your funding requirements for the next 2-3 years.
Before attending you will be sent a Funding Ready Health Check to complete. This will highlight the gaps in your knowledge and skills. You will also be sent all the course materials and provided with a Toolkit to complete for your organisation. The Toolkit will be worked through alongside the Funding Ready Workshops. This will give you all you need to find, evidence and complete successful applications.
You can also find these resources below:
Voluntary Centre Service Delivery Dates
For Groups in Lincoln, West Lindsey & North Kesteven
Introduction & Workshop 1
- Wed 25th April 2022 – 9.30am – 12.30pm Via Zoom
- Wed 8th June 2022 – 9.30am – 12.30pm – In Person @ Lincolnshire Action Trust, 37 – 39 Newland Street, Lincoln, LN1 1YA
- Wed. 4th & Wed 11th May 2022 – 9.45am – 12.30pm Via Zoom
- Wed. 22nd June 2022 – 9.30am – 4pm – In Person @ Lincolnshire Action Trust, 37 – 39 Newland Street, Lincoln, LN1 1YA
- Wed. 18th & Wed. 25th May 2022 – 9.45am – 12.30pm Via Zoom
- Wed. 29th June 2022 – 9.30am – 4pm – In Person @ Lincolnshire Action Trust, 37 – 39 Newland Street, Lincoln, LN1 1YA
Book on via our Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/voluntary-centre-services-2626773598
Lincolnshire Community & Voluntary Centre Services Delivery Dates
For Groups in Boston, South Holland, South Kesteven & East Lindsey
- Monday 9th May (11:30am to 12:30pm).
- Monday 16th May 2022 – 9:30am to 11:45am Via Zoom
- Mon 23rd & Mon 30th May 2022 – 10am – 12.30pm Via Zoom
- Mon 13th & Mon 20th June 2022 – 10am – 12.30pm Via Zoom
Contact your local service for more information.