The Community Champions scheme is one of the ways that Lincolnshire Co-op supports the local community, its aim is to make life better in our communities. They’re slightly different to other funders in that there is not a set amount you can apply for. They don’t know how much has been raised until the end of the fundraising period. However, their aim that each charity or community group will receive between £500 – £1,000.
Who can apply?
• Any charity, community group, not-for-profit organisation, school, parish council or company
limited by guarantee.
• Groups must be located near to one of our branches in Lincolnshire and surrounding counties
(if you are not sure then please visit the store finder on our website www.lincolnshire.coop/storefinder).
• We’ll consider regional or national charities where there is a local branch or project.
• All groups must have a constitution and bank account with at least two signatories.
• We give preference to established groups so new causes may be asked to reapply at a later date.
What can groups apply for?
• Items of equipment such as tables, crockery, gardening tools, laptops and tablets, craft materials etc.
• Community events.
• Running costs such as hall hire, insurance, petrol for community car schemes, refreshments etc.
however please note we will not pay for wages.
Closing date for applications is 2nd September. For more information, click here.