Our Volunteer Centres run a regular training programme for staff and volunteers in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, on a wide range of topics. To complement this we are also able to offer a package of free online training courses to groups operating in Lincolnshire.
Free online training 2020/21
Volunteer Centres Lincolnshire have secured access to free online training courses in the following subject areas.
- Autism Awareness
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
- Care Act – Care and Support Planning
- Child Sexual Exploitation – Levels 1 and 2
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF or Early Help)
- Cultural Awareness in Safeguarding
- Customer Service
- Data Protection
- Dementia Awareness
- Domestic Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Abuse
- Environmental Awareness
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Equality and Diversity
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Fire Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- Food Allergy Awareness
- Food Safety and Hygiene Essentials
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
- GDPR – Board Training
- GDPR – Core Training (for Staff)
- Handling Violence and Aggression at Work
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Hidden Harm – Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill-Health and Domestic Abuse
- Information Governance
- Information Sharing and Consent
- Keeping Good Records
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Loss and Bereavement
- Managing Teams
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
- Multi-Agency Working
- Online Safety for Parents and Carers
- Palliative Care and End of Life Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness
- People Skills
- Personal Safety – Lone worker
- Physical Abuse
- Risk Assessment in the Workplace
- Safeguarding Adults (Levels 1 and 2)
- Safeguarding Awareness
- Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2)
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Safer Recruitment
- Sexual Abuse and Recognising Grooming
- Stress in the Workplace
- Substance Misuse
- Suicide Awareness
- Unconscious Bias
- Understanding Behaviour of Children and Young People
- Work in a Person Centred Way
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Your Personal Development
These courses are offered free of charge, on a first-come-first-served basis, until 31/03/2021.
Terms & Conditions
- Community and voluntary groups based in Lincolnshire can express an interest in these online courses using the form below. (At present the training is available only to those groups operating in the third sector.)
- A maximum of 25 licences are available to any individual organisation. Please contact us directly if you have specific needs beyond this.
- Learners are granted access to the training programme for 8 weeks.
- Individuals must be resident, volunteering or working in Lincolnshire
- You will require access to internet Explorer 10 or higher, or equivalent browser. Historic browsers are not supported. Non-windows devices are not recommended. Check your browser compatibility before submitting your request https://www.melearning.co.uk/support/browser-checker/
Q: Can I have more than 25 learners?
A: Each organisation can have up to 25 active licences at any one time. Once learners have completed their training we can close their accounts and you can add further learners.
Q: Can we have more than 8 weeks to complete the training?
A: All learners are initially granted 8 weeks access to the portal. In some exceptions we will grant additional time to allow courses to be completed, where the learner has demonstrated active use of the learning system.
Q: How long do the courses take? What do they cover?
A: You can review the course modules, recommended timings and further information for each course here: https://www.melearning.co.uk/courses/browse-our-courses/
To access the free online training please complete the online form:
What happens next?
- Forms are received via email and usually processed on Thursdays.
- You will receive a one-time login link via email from MeLearning. This is unique and should not be shared.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Lincolnshire Volunteering.
Looking for face-to-face training? Read more here