Our Volunteer Centres run a regular training programme for staff and volunteers in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, on a wide range of topics. We try to keep costs to a minimum to enable as wide a range of participants as possible, although we do have to make a charge for certain courses.
Free online training
Volunteer Centres Lincolnshire have secured access to free online training courses in the following subject areas.
- Autism Awareness
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
- Cultural Awareness in Safeguarding
- Customer Service
- Data Protection
- Dementia Awareness
- Equality and Diversity
- Fire Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- Food Safety and Hygiene Essentials
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Board Training
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Core Training (for staff)
- Handling Violence and Aggression at Work
- Information Sharing and Consent
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Loss and Bereavement
- Managing Teams
- Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability – for Health and Social Care
- Multi-Agency Working
- People Skills
- Personal Safety: Lone worker
- Risk Assessment in the Workplace
- Safeguarding Adults (Levels 1 and 2)
- Safeguarding Awareness
- Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2)
- Stress in the Workplace
- Unconscious Bias *NEW*
- Work in a Person-Centred Way
- Workplace Wellbeing
These courses are offered free of charge, on a first-come-first-served basis, until 31/03/2020.
Terms & Conditions for online training courses have been relaxed until 31/03/20.
Community and voluntary groups based in Lincolnshire can express an interest in these online courses using the form below. (At present the training is available only to those groups operating in the third sector.) A maximum of 10 licences are available to any individual organisation. Please contact us directly if you have specific needs beyond this. Learners are granted access to the training programme for 3 months.
- Individuals must be resident, volunteering or working in Lincolnshire
- You will require access to internet Explorer 10 or higher, or equivalent browser. Historic browsers are not supported. Non-windows devices are not recommended. Check your browser compatibility before submitting your request https://www.melearning.co.uk/support/browser-checker/
Q: Can I have more than 10 learners?
Each organisation can have up to 10 active licences at any one time. Once learners have completed their training we can close their accounts and you can add further learners. Until 31/03/20 there is no cap on the number of learners who can register for this training.
Q: Can we have more than 3 months to complete the training?
All learners are initially granted 3 months access to the portal. In some exceptions we will grant additional time to allow courses to be completed, where the learner has demonstrated active use of the learning system. All licences expire on 31/03/2020.
Q: How long do the courses take? What do they cover?
A: You can review the course modules, recommended timings and further information for each course here: https://www.melearning.co.uk/courses/browse-our-courses/
To access the free online training please complete the online form:
What happens next?
- Forms are received via email and usually processed on Thursdays.
- You will receive a one-time login link via email from MeLearning. This is unique and should not be shared.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Lincolnshire Volunteering.
Looking for face-to-face training? Read more here