The new Sport England Together Fund is available through Active Lincolnshire, to support community groups, clubs and physical activity groups with providing inclusive and sustainable activities in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Together fund exists to help reduce the negative impact of the pandemic on activity levels, particularly in under-represented groups, with a specific focus on:
- Lower socio-economic groups (e.g. Low income and those living in area of deprivation)
- Ethnically diverse communities
- People with a disability
- People with long-term health condition
This is a targeted fund to help community organisations to engage their audiences in physical activity, and support the growth and recovery of clubs and community organisations in Lincolnshire working with these priority audiences
The bulk of the funding received must be for delivering physical activity and you must be working with at least one of the above audiences.
This National Lottery funding is a continuation of the Tackling Inequalities fund; groups that have applied previously to this fund are welcome to apply again for new projects. Active Lincolnshire is facilitating the allocation of the Together Fund in Lincolnshire, as well as offering guidance and support to delivery partners.
Active Lincolnshire are looking to support projects, with applications between £500 – £5,000, that meet all of the following requirements:
• Have at least 51% of participants coming from one of the four priority groups as detailed above,
• Funding is required as a direct result of your community group or audience being adversely affected by the results of COVID-19 and the coronavirus pandemic,
• The funding will help to resolve issues in improving access to take part in sport and physical activity for your target audience,
• This investment will help your community group to recover and grow or continue to survive as a result of hardship
• Your proposal is directly funding the provision and delivery of physical activity that is currently taking place or will take place in the immediate future,
• You are a trusted community organisation, and
• Your project will be sustainable post-funding.
For more information about the funding, eligibility, deadlines and application form visit: https://www.activelincolnshire.com/get-involved/funding/together-fund
Or contact Ian Brown, at Active Lincolnshire for a discussion, email email@example.com / telephone 07903 266 224.